soulPhoodie is a community that provides a unique glimpse into the Black experience in America through the screens of food, beverage, and culture. We are the go-to platform to highlight the stories and showcase the talent of brothers and sisters who are innovating in the world of food and beverage.
Why do we exist? The mainstream food media, defined as the larger culinary focused websites, major market newspapers and remaining magazine titles have for the most part, ignored the culinary creativity, historical contributions and accomplishments of black folks excelling in the culinary fields as chefs, farmers, wine craftsman, restaurateurs, brewers and business people, so we created a space exclusively for us.
Our efforts speak the loudest to anyone who’s passionate about Black food and culture, and wants to give it the shine it deserves (melanin not required, but strongly encouraged).
How do we strive to do this? We will share timely and interesting content about all facets of Black foodways in way that is fun, intelligent, nerdy, provocative with a tablespoon of “Ya’ll ain’t got no sense”
Me? I have spent most of my career in the restaurant industry in a marketing capacity. Technically middle aged but actually immature. Passionate about my daughter, food and addicted to technology. Live in South Florida with frequent trips to SOCAL.
- Favorite kitchen tools: Cast iron skillet, microplane & red wine
- Trends I’m feeling: Restaurant delivery services and flavored sparkling water
- Trends receiving side eye: Cauliflower rice and liquid nitrogen ice cream
- Favorite New Recipes: Cacio e Pepe and Shreveport Style Stuffed Shrimp (Shoutout to Freeman & Harris)
- Closet Obsession: Shake ’n Bake Pork Chops
- Favorite Flavor: Lime on Everything..fried fish, tater tots, yellow rice, in a Jupina…
We would love to hear from you. Reach out below.