Submit Content to SoulPhoodie
We are welcoming submissions from content creators who are passionate about chronicling stories and creating compelling content around African American food culture.
AudienceOur audience is all the soulPhoodies out there! Currently 115K (Twitter & Facebook) strong and growing, they are African American, younger and for the most part college educated. They are passionate about food and hungry to learn more and participate in spirted, opinionated discussions about our amazing food culture. Most importantly they desire to illuminate, recognize and celebrate the hidden accomplishments, creativity and contributions of talented brothers & sisters excelling in the world of food & beverage
Voice and ImageryVoice is targeted towards the younger range of the demo manifested in a tone that is witty, intelligent, culturally aware (#woke) and most of all FUN!
ContentDesire content (stories, recipes, videos, editorials, long form, interviews, reviews etc..) relating to African American food culture. Themes could include but not limited to:
- Chefs, “unique” restaurants, farmers, bartenders, wine makers, etc.
- Historical perspectives on the culture
- Vegetarian, vegan & nutrition
- “Interesting” products both food and beverage
- Unique recipes
- Compelling food and beverage perspectives on topical stories (News, Sports, Entertainment, Celebrity, Culture, Holidays etc..)
- Interviews of food or beverage personalities
- African American Chefs