Our efforts speak the loudest to anyone who’s passionate about Black food and culture, and wants to give it the shine it deserves (melanin not required, but strongly encouraged). We share timely, fun, and interesting content about all facets of Black foodways. The accomplishments of Black folks excelling in food and beverage are often overlooked in mainstream outlets, so we created a space exclusively for us.
Me? I have spent most of my career in the restaurant industry in a marketing capacity. Technically middle aged but actually immature. Passionate about my daughter, food and addicted to technology. Live in South Florida.
- Favorite kitchen tools: Cast iron skillet, microplane, & red wine
- Trends I’m feeling: Restaurant delivery services and flavored sparkling water
- Trends receiving side eye:Cauliflower rice and liquid nitrogen ice cream
- Favorite new recipies: Cacio e Pepe and Shreveport Style Stuffed Shrimp (Shoutout to Freeman & Harris)
- Closet Obsessions: Shake ‘n Bake Pork Chops
- Favorite flavor: LIme on Everything..fried fish, tater tots, yellow rice, in a jupina…
Our audience is all the soulPhoodies out there! Currently 160K+ strong and growing, they are African American, younger and for the most part college educated. They are passionate about food and hungry to learn more and participate in spirited, opinionated discussions about our amazing food culture.
Most importantly they desire to illuminate, recognize and celebrate the hidden accomplishments, creativity and contributions of talented brothers & sisters excelling in the world of food & beverage
Interested in working or partnering with us or maybe you have a blog submission or wish to get the word out about you our your product, don’t hesitate to email of DM us!